Ever wanted a bookshop all to yourself?
With our "A Bookshop of One's Own" package, you'll spend 2 hours in our bookshop with just you and up to 3 friends!
Just select a time and a date for your special occasion. If you don't know the date yet or want to buy this experience as a gift, check out our "A Gift of One's Own" package.
"Best date night! Loved the event where you get to browse the shop alone with your date on a Saturday evening and enjoy a delicious platter of local foods. I’d definitely recommend to those who are looking for a unique bookshop experience."
Not only do you get to spend a couple of hours in the bookshop, but we’ll provide you with a delicious platter from the amazing local food co-op Lyttleton Stores, including (with vegan and gluten-free options):
- Specialty gluten-free crackers (we're coeliac, so we know the deal)
- A selection of soft and hard cheese (vegan option available)
- Cured meat (vegan option available)
- A selection of pickles, ferments, relishes, jams and chutneys
- Organic dried and fresh fruit
You'll also get:
- Incredible specialty chocolate from Meltdown Artisan
- Two 330ml bottles of non-alcoholic apple cider from Hillbilly Cider
- 10% off the marked price of anything in the bookshop at the end of the night
- Two "Love Your Bookshop" tote bags
- Amazing selfies!
And, if you're up for a challenge, you can try our book-themed treasure hunt - guess all the clues and solve the mystery phrase within 2 hours, and you'll win a novel prize!
"It was a great experience, perfect for any book nerds out there. The people were very nice and we both felt welcome. It was super cozy and the food was delicious! I had a great time." 5 stars ⭐️
And who knows, you might even get a visit from Echo, our bookshop Labrador or go see some of the adorable kittens in the nearby William Skea's Animal Rescue charity!
Sit, read, browse, smell (we smell books too) and enjoy having "A Bookshop of One's Own"!