Ever wanted a bookshop all to yourself? With our "A Bookshop of One's Own" package, you'll spend 2 hours in our bookshop with just you and up to 3 friends!
"Best date night! Loved the event where you get to browse the shop alone with your date on a Saturday evening and enjoy a delicious platter of local foods. I’d definitely recommend to those who are looking for a unique bookshop experience."
Not only do you get to spend a couple of hours in the bookshop, but we’ll provide you with a delicious platter from the amazing local food co-op Lyttleton Stores, including (with vegan and gluten-free options):
- A choice of gluten-free or wheat crackers (we're coeliac, so we know the deal)
- House-made sourdough or locally-made baguette
- A selection of soft and hard cheese (vegan option available)
- Cured meat (vegan option available)
- A selection of pickles, ferments, relishes, jams and chutneys made by Lyttleton Kitchen
- Organic dried and fresh fruit
You'll also get:
- Incredible specialty chocolate from Meltdown Artisan
- Two 330ml bottles of non-alcoholic apple cider from Hillbilly Cider
- 10% off the marked price of anything in the bookshop at the end of the night
- Two free book-themed tote bags
- Amazing selfies in our beautiful bookshop!
And, if you're up for a challenge, you can try our book-themed puzzle & treasure hunt - if you can guess all the clues and solve the mystery word within the 2 hours, you'll win a novel prize!
"It was a great experience, perfect for any book nerds out there. The people were very nice and we both felt welcome. It was super cozy and the food was delicious! I had a great time." 5 stars ⭐️
Bring your own playlist for our Bluetooth speakers, or we can provide you with a relaxing bookshop playlist. We also have a chessboard and a pack of playing cards.
Want to add a special flair to the occasion? Send us an email and we'll see what we can do!
And who knows, you might even get a visit from Echo, our bookstore Labrador or go visit one of the adorable kittens in the nearby William Skea's Animal Rescue charity!
Sit, read, browse, smell (we smell books too) and enjoy having "A Bookshop of One's Own"!